[hpsdr] Pan adapter passband accuracy

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Mon Apr 13 02:06:34 PDT 2020

Hey Willi,

how many years of  HPSDR experience are necessary to recognize the
'problem'? Are 15 years enough? :)

It's more important that scaling and other readings on HPSDR displays are
absolutely accurate.

But it's another story, if people disregard the ITU (not IRAU!)
recommendations to use a net bandwidth of 2.7 kHz for SSB. No wonder, we can
daily watch the violaton of international commitments by egomanics or check
the compliance of speed limits on the road.

BTW, there doesn't exist a 'problem'. There are good reasons to make this
variable  AF bandwidth available. E.g. think on experimental work on bands
above HF together with transverters.

73, Helmut, DC6NY