[hpsdr] Radio Astronomy [RA] data collection utility flat-line visible window

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:13:39 PST 2020

I have been using the Radio Astronomy data collection utility
v1.3 (16 Feb 2016) in PowerSDR OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.3.8 6/9/16)
and MS Windows 10 Home 2004  19041.388.

At the moment I am receiving WWV 10 MHz for the solar eclipse
next week.  I believe that I have discovered a feature.

If I minimize the PowerSDR OpenHPSDR window, the RA data
collections drop down to flat line, even though the signals are
still there.

If I slide the PowerSDR OpenHPSDR window to the right so that
the RX1 and RX2 Meters are not visible, flat lines.

If I slide the window down so that the RX1 Meter is visible and
the RX2 Meter is not on screen, flat line on the RA Rx2 while
the Rx1 is receiving normal level.

It took me a while to stumble into this.  I have not done
additional testing while I'm still in data collection.

This is a great utility that yields good amplitude measurements.
  I'm taking a point every 6 seconds and saving the data every
24 hours.  This yields about 14,000 rows for three columns and
can be a good test of your CPUs and worksheet software.

Michael Naruta - AA8K