[hpsdr] CW/Iambic keying in Protocol 2 firmware?

Neoklis Kyriazis nkcyham at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 10:30:27 PST 2020

Hi all

I am trying to test CW operation with linhpsdr and my 7000DLE MkII but I don't seem to have any success. There is no transmission from the rig under any of the settings in linhpsdr that I tried. I have the same problem using a Protocol 2 client I am developing myself - the only way to get RF output from the rig is to send the appropriate stream of IQ samples to the DUC from the client itself.

So I am wondering whether there is CW/Iambic keying code in Protocol 2 Verilog firmware for the 7000DLE that responds to a straight key or an Iambic paddle connected to the rig. If so, what settings would be needed in the client software to set up CW operation? Or is CW limited to generation by the client program?

I have the latest Protocol 2 v2.0a uploaded to the rig.

My thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ