[hpsdr] help locating old KISS versions

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Tue Feb 25 15:03:33 PST 2020

Thanks to all who offered information off-list.

I figured out that KISS Konsole never got its USB code upgraded when the
nWire protocol was abandoned, to cause Ozy to be able to see the  versions
of Penelope/PennyLane or Mercury.  What was needed was some 'ReadI2C' calls,
one on the Mercury address (0x10), and one on the Penny address (0x15).
That allowed Ozy to 'observe' the traffic on the I2C bus, and pick up the
version.

And along with that, I also found a few other things that need fixing up.
And found some history (like where HPSDR_USB_LIB_V1 is kept.)

With this fix, I think that KISS properly handles Ozy rbf versions 2.5, 2.7,
and 2.8, which means Mercury 3.4 and Penny 1.8.

73,
George K9TRV