[hpsdr] Hpsdr Digest, Vol 167, Issue 3

Bob Stricklin bstrick at N5BRG.COM
Fri Jan 10 07:47:45 PST 2020

  1. THETIS AND PROTOCOL2 (Tony Hagen)

After I have worked through my issues I will post some information on how I completed this process Tony. I feel I should get it working properly first.

If you cannot wait your should signup for the Anan email reflector and read what you can find on AN10 and Hermes. Link to a message there: https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2567
Protocol 2 - There are several versions but here is one - https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Firmware/tree/master/Protocol%202/Hermes%20(ANAN-10%20and%20100)/previous%20firmware%20versions
I used the one that is marked 10.7 (says 10.6 in the filename).
Here is a link to a well documented effort by W1AEX.  http://www.w1aex.com/anan/anan.html
You can find other write-ups online.

This is not straight forward and you are likely to have some issues programming the firmware. Best if you have a Bit Blaster to recover if you have issues.

Bob

  2. Re: TAPR Hermes (Kjell Karlsen)

Kjell,

Thanks for your reply and inputs. I feel your suggestions are very good. Let me make some measurements on my board and I will post some results.
The voltages on the 3.3 volt supply and the 1.2 volt supply must be correct for the logic to work properly.
I will purchase a LT1529CT-3.3#PBF and replace the regulator on the board with this one and rase it up. I plan to try and estimate the junction temp better. I can see the part is going to get hot but will remain within its operating limits. The added heat may introduce some noise or issues with this part or the ones nearby so more cooling will be better and it is easy to do. I thought about adding the heat sinks to the tops of the part but I want to be sure the net result is to get the junction temps lower. If the add on heat sinks or not efficient they could increase heat in the die. It would be good to get some data on the die temp with no fan, fan, heat sinks, and fan + heat sinks.

I am accumulating parts to do these things.

Bob