[hpsdr] Atlas Based HPSDR - CW

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Tue May 12 03:03:46 PDT 2020

Hello Hans,

The CW key would go into the DB9 connector of Ozy.

Pin 5 is ground. Pin 6 is dash, 7 is dot and 8 is PTT.

Once you wire up a paddle in this form, put powersdr into CWL/CWU mode
and you will see the CW options on the panel and you can adjust speed
etc. It is also available from within the configuration options menu.

I use a bencher BY1 paddle with it (exactly your setup -
ozy/merc/penny/atlas -- and it works great.

73
Ram VU3RDD

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 2:24 PM Hans J Smit <hansvk5yx at bigpond.com> wrote:

> I've recently become interested in (better) learning and using CW.
> The radio in question is the most basic 2008 Atlas-Penelope-Mercury-Ozy
> system.
> It's a great CW receiver using the latest PowerSDR.
> Where is a straight Morse key or paddle best connected to enable CW
> transmit?
> 73 & thanks for any help!   Hans VK5YX.

  Ramakrishnan