[hpsdr] Resurrecting Old Setup

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Sun May 24 06:11:30 PDT 2020

I also have been getting my old Atlas (Magister/Mercury/Penelope) system
working again.

One hitch I did encounter, although not related to the OP's issues, I
thought worth noting in this thread.

Selecting in the Hardware tab, "HPSDR" I then proceeded to attempt to
calibrate Penelope for transmit output. I run a Codan PA block, 100 watts
out.

At first, I found I had no control over the output. It seemed to be full
output no matter where I set the Drive control, even at "0". I thought I may
have a fault in the attenuator in Penelope, but the solution was pleasingly
simple. The default settings under the Hardware tab for "HPSDR" selected
"Pennylane" rather than "Penelope". I selected "Penelope" and all was well.

73, Luke VK3HJ