[hpsdr] Possible added feature request

Helmut Oeller oeller at freenet.de
Tue Nov 3 11:01:39 PST 2020

Both ideas/approaches are unworldly. While the implementation of a VNA
software is no big deal, a hardware reflection bridge has to be inserted
and in particular calibrated.

But even when you get a reasonable result of R and jX  at your radio
input, it's not enough information for an automatic tuner: the tuner's
position in the feedline and the length of the feedline determines the
necessary transformation. It would be much easier to utilize the SWR,
e.g. available at a bidirectional coupler, used for the PS feedback loop.

73, Helmut, DC6NY