[hpsdr] Thetis V2.8.11 with Hermes for RedPitaya

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Mon Nov 30 03:37:37 PST 2020

Hi Take,

Pse recall: the Redpitaya is a third-party product. To run it under
OpenHPSDR software, once Pavel Demin wrote an emulation of the HERMES
firmware for the RedPitaya's Xilinx-FPGA. While Hermes employs only one
physical frontend (ADC), but capable for multiRX (which is mandatory for
the used PS algorithm), the RP uses its second ADC for PS-feedback. Due
to the absense of a second ADC with coherent sampling clock HERMES can't
provide the diversity function.

Due to the different FPGA codes and the RP emulation I would suspect,
either you can use PS as 'Hermes clone' or diversity as 'ANAN100D-clone'.

73, Helmut, DC6NY