[hpsdr] Atlas Ozy Linux

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan ram at rkrishnan.org
Tue Oct 20 19:12:23 PDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, at 8:16 AM, Hans J Smit wrote:

> Is there any Linux (Ubuntu) software to drive an Atlas "Ozy" (USB only)
> system?

Hello Hans,

Another option could be to run an emulator. HPSDR repository has an emulator software for the Metis protocol (I have to check the exact location as I am not with my usual computer at the moment). I had briefly tested it for reception and it had worked well. You will have to compile it from sources. It talks to the Ozy on one side and talks Metis protocol towards the network. So, you may run this on any tiny computer connected to an Atlas/Ozy system (like a Raspberry Pi) and then connect to it via LinHPSDR or rather any software that talks over network to Metis.

73
--
  Ramakrishnan VU3RDD