[hpsdr] TeamSpeak audio 2020/Sep/26

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:45:34 PDT 2020

I thank each of you for all the nice comments.

FYI, Mike AA8K and I are part of another SDR project.  Tangerinesdr.com
They have a Tuesday 1 UTC session on Zoom.  Mike posts the recording
to the website.  Some of the openhpsdr folks attend another Radio call best
described as Ham operators that work as Scientists or Engineers. They are
focused
on describing the ionosphere using radios and other sensors.   There is an
associated group HamSci (hamsci.org), which wants to promote the use of Ham
radio in Science.
We have designed a new SDR with phased input, and a very good Timing GPS
and are paying lots of attention to the semi automatic mode like FT8, FT4
and Wspr as well as the reverse beacon network.  If this sounds
interesting  please come and join us.

I also plan to maintain the openhpsdr documents on openhpsdr.org.

Dave KV0S

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 5:28 AM Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan <
ram at rkrishnan.org> wrote:

> I too listen in occasionally. I am also using my
> Atlas/Mercury/Penny/PennyWhistle/Atlas/LPU and a custom-built Pandora box
> based HPSDR station as my main rig though I only completed the full rig
> only recently and am extremely pleased with it and hope to use and maintain
> it for many years.
>
> I am also happy that this list exists (on this list for since beginning of
> the project) and a bunch of very knowledgeable folks are around to always
> give me tips.
>
> 73
> Ram VU3RDD
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2020, at 7:04 AM, AA8K73 GMail wrote:
> > ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
> >

> > The 26/Sep TeamSpeak mp3 (7 minutes) is available at:
> >
> > < http://tsarchive.openhpsdr.org/ >
> >

> > <20:55:02> *** You are now talking in channel: "OpenHPSDR"
> > <21:02:56> "Mike - AA8K": Thanks for all you have done guys!
> > <21:03:49> "Greg ZL3IX": Thanks from me too.
> > <21:05:10> "Mike - AA8K": I'm still using my Atlas boards as my
> > main radios.
> > <21:05:46> "Greg ZL3IX": Same here. I'm also using Hermes for 23 cm
> > <21:05:52> "Greg ZL3IX": 73 all
> > <21:06:05> "Mike - AA8K": 73
> >

> > Note:  This is the last of the regularly-scheduled OpenHPSDR
> > TeamSpeak meetings.
> >

> > Thanks to all the great folks who have joined in contributing to
> > this terrific project!
> >
> > When I compare my Atlas and Hermes boards to what is available
> > on the market, I don't feel the need for an incremental upgrade.
> >
> > I am excited about the HamSci's Personal Space-Weather Station
> > project.  Learn more at  HamSci.Org
> >

> > 73,
> >
> > Mike - AA8K
> >

> --