[hpsdr] Penny Power Control

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 17 14:44:22 PDT 2021

Hi,I don't think there is a procedure for the change but I remember the designers talking about the improvement.I have an early Penny but never made the modification because Hermes came along and I went to that.I just compared the schematics to see what it would take to make the change. I think it was just an RC filter hanging off a FPGA pin fed into the DAC reference. So just a cut at the DAC reference input then add the resistor between FPGA pin and the DAC reference with a cap to ground also at the reference input. So if the set up was wrong with Pennylane selected there would be no power control with the older hardware.Frank WA1GFZ