[hpsdr] Some question to ANAN-7000DLE MKII - BLACK EDITION

Benny, DH7RG afu at dh7rg.de
Sat Oct 23 07:01:13 PDT 2021

Hello HPSDR enthusiasts,

I have been using an naked Apache Labs - ORION board for many years only
as RX and always wanted to upgrade it to a real TRX in hombrew.
Unfortunately,
external factors beyond my control have meant that this has never happened.

In my situation, I need a real plug and play solution.

Now I am thinking of selling this board again and buying a finished TRX.

The ANAN-7000DLE MKII (Black Edition) is now my favourite.

However, there are still questions that I haven't found an answer to yet,
so I'm putting them here.

1.
The brochure says that you can use an 8th generation NUC PC directly in
the device. Can this be done at a later date or does this option have to
be ordered at
the same time because it is tied to the rest of the hardware?
The pictures on the website do not show that the necessary cut-outs are
already present.

2.
According to the brochure, the TRX already uses pre-distortion for the
internal 100 W power amplifier. I think this is very good, but what if you
want to use an external one with a bit more power?

Can an additional directional coupler also be connected to the TRX behind
the last output stage, is that supported?

Many thanks for any anser and help, all the best!

73 de Benny, DH7RG