[hpsdr] Thetis for Atlas based HPSDR

Helmut Oeller dc6ny at gmx.de
Thu Dec 1 06:28:43 PST 2022

Hi,

chick Minerva is still sitting in its nest since Phil, VK6PH,
introduced  his DFC approach on the HamRadio Friedrichshafen 2016. No
surprize for me: Eliminating the FPGA, spending a fast PCIe interface
and let a Jetson board do the job is in my eyes no big benefit at least
under economic aspects. RF performance is determined by ADCs, frontend
circuits, phase noise of clocks for sampling and PLLs. Time was moving
on and very sophisticated SoC FPGAs are available today saving a maximum
of hardware, but that's presently the playground of the professional
developers for 5G stuff etc.

Take it easy and care for your (approved) HPSDR hardware.

73, Helmut, DC6NY