[hpsdr] interfacing HPSDR hardware and OpenHPSDRmrx compute4r (Jim Sanford)

John Eckert john_eckert at keysight.com
Fri Dec 29 08:57:00 PST 2023

If it's up and running locally you should only need to open a port to your hpsdr PC. Then use a VNC as you said.  Then VNC will compress the data.  I don't think you'll have enough BW over the public network to reliably run HPSDR remotely.   Interesting and worth a try though.

There is also another problem you may run into.  I used to log in remotely and found out that my sound card on the remote and local had a slightly different clock rates.   If I listened to a conversation over time, I would accumulate seconds of delay.   The packets arrive at high speed but get played back at the sound card rate.  My remote sound card clock was slower.  If it were faster, I guess all would have been OK.  I could re-sync going rx-tx-rx.

73,
John K2ox