[hpsdr] HERMES no audio

dlwaddel at netzero.net dlwaddel at netzero.net
Sat Nov 11 07:43:30 PST 2023

I have a Hermes transceiver board that I built into a 300 watt transceiver. It recently lost sound output. A lot of other "stuff" in the shack went south at the same time.

I found that U2 (TLV320AIC23B) was shorting out the 3V3 voltage source. I replaced U2, which solved the excessive drain on the 3V3 regulator. However, still no sound out of the headphones jack and no audio on applicable pins of U2 (LHPOUT, RHPOUT, ROUT, LOUT.)

What should I look for and on what pin to determine if U2 is receiving data?

I have an o'scope to look at signals. Clock signals appear to be present on pins labeled as CLK on the schematic.

The receiver part seems to work in that the spectrum display shows signals. Have not yet tried transmit.

Don
K3DLW