[hpsdr] 8 DDC Skimmer Receiver firmware for Mercury/Metis

Richard Koch n1gp at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:52:07 PST 2024

Tnx Bryan.

I'm not doing any compensation for the rolloff. That's why this is mostly useful for
RX skimming purposes. There is still a lot of useful bandwidth for SDR skimmer clients
such as cw/rtty skimmer and sparksdr.

I was trying to get as many receivers as possible in the FPGA of Mercury with a goal
of hitting 8 for 8 band skimming. With the FIR it didn't have enough room for even 4.

-Rick / N1GP

Very cool Rick!

If you're not using compensating FIR filters after the CIC filter in the DDC, how are you compensating for the rolloff in the CIC?

73,
Bryan W4WMT