[hpsdr] PennyLane Tx Audio in PC Speakers

Dean PROBERT vk5lb at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 10 23:10:17 PST 2024

Hi Folks,
I have an Atlas based HPSDR that I have had since 2009.  Works great through a Danmar 1200 Solid State amplifier.
For no reason the Tx audio is now suddenly being heard through the PC Speakers using Rx 1 but NOT when using Rx 2.
When I first set up the HPSDR using PowerSDR some of our group noted this audio would occur IF the mike lead braid was connected to the Atlas or Penelope/PenyLane ground.  The braid was connected to the amplifier chassis.
I am using the latest avaiable PowerSDR software.
The Transmit is fine when using Rx 2.  An interesting problem seeing as I have checked all wiring etc.

Any suggestions from the group.  When I find the solution I will post on the forum.

Cheers Dean.  VK5LB.