[hpsdr] [Flexradio] Teamspeak Forum Audio - 04-01-06 - Ken - N9VV Moderator

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 09:47:03 PST 2006

John and others

It is my hope that possibly a year or two down the line, we will have an
"SDR conference" unto itself like the TAPR and digital radio, qrp and other
meetings. The acceleration we are seeing in SDR related matters sort of
mandates that.

John - W5GI and I, were unable to secure a conference room at Dayton ALL day
for SDR related presentations. Certainly, any of us could round up speakers
to fill a meeting room for a whole day with 'applications' for the SDR that
are 'state of the art'. In my invites for the 2 hour forum, Mel Whitten and
Todd Collins represent the applications development side, and the fantastic
potential for SDR software experimentation. Let me also say in fairness I
can understand why the Hamvention committee turned down the request for the
room. There are SO many interests represented that it SHOULD be more general
in nature, especially in light of the 'emergency communications' focus this
year with natural devastation and the vital role amateur radio fits into the
scheme of things.

I regret that the speakers in the SDR Forum will only have about 20 minutes
to present their topics. However, if they do their presentations effectively
(as I am sure they will)SDR will be represented. They will show that this is
the future of radio, and hams are leading the way again, individually and in
groups! This time in Software, rather than having to inhale "only a little
bit of rosin core"

I will do everything in my truly humble sideline mentoring role to get these
presentations to 'market'. I'll get the real time audio on Teamspeak to you
guys who can't come to those who are interested, from the FlexRadio evening
forum for sure, from Hara, if we have connectivity. . If not in real time,
then recorded into Internet .mp3 format. I could use someone to assist in
this as Tom assisted last year! We all have a Team role! Give what you can.

Thanks for the question
Eric - AA4SW