[hpsdr] Kicad

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Mon Apr 3 06:14:02 PDT 2006

I've stated to draw the Janus circuit diagram in Kicad and run into a few
newbie questions:

  1.. If I insert a multi part opamp (e.g. quad opamp LM324) then each
instance , UxA, UxB, UxC, UxD, has   power supply connections. Is there away
to turn these off so there is only one supply connections shown - if not is
it OK to just connect power and ground to one opamp or does the same supply
have to go to all four?

  2.. I can't find a 3.5mm stereo jack socket  in the components list. Do I
have to create one or is there a conversion program available so I can
import one from say Protel?

  3.. Is there a more detailed  explanation of how to create multiple
schematics and  pass global signals between them? Do I have to run wires to
the global labels or can I just refer to them on each different page?
I'm sure there will be more questions as I move forward but these are the
main ones at the moment.

73's  Phil...VK6APH