[hpsdr] In a nick of time

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 17:39:50 PDT 2006

Folks

WOW, I almost missed not having someone post here today, so I figured I'd do
the honors!

Gotta keep the interest up, before we have to put this place up for rent!

Chris: I FedEx ed the PIC 4550 development system and PIC compiler 2 nd day
on Monday. I think you should get it 2 morrow.

Worked in my vegetable garden on Sunday. A late frost burned my early set
tomatoes (and peppers) almost to the ground! The first day in Spring that
the temps go to 65 degs F and the garden centers put out these forced tomato
sets which are a foot high and have flowers!!!! Boy am I one of the suckers!
I'm a biologist and KNOW that the flowers don't mean a dern thing, still
takes 60+ days to get the photoperiod right to make fruit!  I just cut the
dead top off the Roma var. since the loss of apical dominance due to frost
showed axillaries putting out leaves growing to beat the band, on the 20% of
the plant still above ground. If you read the destructions on the label, It
say's "Plant at least 80% of the plant underground!!! All of a sudden your
foot high set shows only the top 4 inches!

Ahhh well, I'm always an optimist!

What is everyone else doing?

Thanks

Eric