[hpsdr] Modifications to Bill's repository

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Fri Apr 14 05:34:29 PDT 2006

I hope that I modified Bill's repository before too many folks get
tromped on by Microsoft.

There is a VERY nasty bug in the VS .NET 2003 IDE.  If you have the
intermediate build files,  and you open those up while your saved state
in designer mode on some form,  you can and will regularly lose each and
every single one of your controls.  Eric Wachsmann and I suffered from
this phenomena more times than I care to think about before svn came to
help us out!  This may be recovered by doing an svn revert if it
happens, but it is safer and easier to just not deliver those things via
svn repository.  This inconveniences NO ONE and will save you a ton of
pain as you are trying to figure out which Microchunks have been
projectile vomited on you.

If you have the IDE,  you can still build and then have your own local
copies of the intermediate build databases and C# obj directory.

Bob