[hpsdr] toaster oven

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Sat Apr 29 18:02:50 PDT 2006

FWIW:  With all of this surface mount stuff becoming obligatory I had been
pondering the various schemes.....  A couple of weeks ago was in a
Williams-Sonoma and saw a neat Krups convection oven with three quartz
heaters on top and three on the bottom.  Something like $200.  My wife
caught me examining it carefully.  "Too much for a hobby!"  Little does she
know.  Anyway googled it at home and Penneys had them on closeout sale for
$99.  Who can turn down a bargain.

Arrived the other day.  Just cracked open the box...a bit of a job.  Good
news is that the controllers for each set of heaters are separately
controlled and that the wires to the gate resistors are hanging right out in
a very open space.  I think I will just control a couple of relays in series
with them and control the temp with those.  Then will set the oven to the
max temp and time desired as a backup and control separately.  More on that
later.

Doubt it could be used with the Atlas, but going to give it a try.

Krups FBCI E3001-01

N0UU