[hpsdr] Janus Prototype Status

Ahti Aintila oh2rz.sdr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 23:52:10 PDT 2006

Congratulations Phil and Bill!

With Cirrus CS5381 we seem to achieve the dynamic level matching
(possibly exceeding)  the performance of AK5394A (see
<http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/appNote/an234-1.pdf>). With my
experience when using Waveterminal 192X, I realistically expect noise
levels much below the -160 dBm when you go to the proper buffering
with the CS5381.

Dont care so much of the cost, the 120 dB (plus) dynamic range  is
worth of dollars and euros. BTW, your 30 dB$ may be exaggerated. Is
dB$ equal to 10*log(a$/b$) or 20*log(a$/b$)? Whichever,  go ahead - I
will follow as soon as my time permits.

73,
Ahti OH2RZ