[hpsdr] ATLAS TDR & VNA Test Results

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 06:00:01 PDT 2006

Thanks Steve

In the quotes below, what are the implications of the RoHS to 'amateur
assembly' techniques?

Phil_C
Can you get an updated quote for 100 and 200 part quantities?

Here is what I have so far:

Lyle's Quote: and details
I just ran the ATLAS info through the Chinese company that makes my DSP
boards.  I specified Immersion Gold plating, rather than tin-lead, so the
boards will be lead free.  We can get a certificate of RoHS COmpliance for
this process from the vendor, meaning the boards can be shipped to Europe
after July 1st.

Note that this is *not* using high temp fiberglass, so it is not suitable
for production use withj lead-free solder.  The fiberglass may begin to
delaminate under the temperatures used for RoHS-cmpatible processes.

For qty 100, the total cost is $1,031.10.  $179 is an NRE that is dropped
for repeat orders.  This is for 10 business day turn.  For this small of an
order, they wont; stretch it longer.

For grins, I also ran a 200 piece order through their price quote system.
The total is $1,698.46.

Steve's Quote: and details
-----------------

Your Advanced Circuits quote number is: 01360037.

Click to view QUOTE for design Atlas_CAM_15MAR2006.zip:
https://www.freedfm.com/freedfm/0006068101360037/quote.asp

New! Click to view PLOTS (beta release) for design Atlas_CAM_15MAR2006.zip:
https://www.freedfm.com/freedfm/0006068101360037/results/plots.htm

Click to view DFM results for design Atlas_CAM_15MAR2006.zip:
https://www.freedfm.com/freedfm/0006068101360037/results/summary2.htm

Generally, a local board shop manages to meet or beat the 100 qty for 4
weeks price and gets them to me in 5 working days.  That shop is Circuit
Express (http://www.circuitexpress.com/)

Phil's Quote:

http://www.philcovington.com/HPSDR/ATLAS/SPE_Quote.pdf