[hpsdr] Quartus License silliness (FlexLM date problem)

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 06:35:25 PDT 2006

Apologies for the cross posting.

I have the infamous

Warning: FLEXlm software error: System clock has been set back
Feature:       quartus_lite License path:  C:\altera\license.dat FLEXlm
error:  -88,309 For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User
Manual, available at "www.macrovision.com".

Error: Current license file does not support the EP1C3T100C8 device
Error: Quartus II Fitter was unsuccessful. 1 error, 1 warning
    Error: Processing ended: Mon Aug 21 09:33:25 2006
    Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:02
Error: Quartus II Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 1 error, 41 warnings

Quartus web edition only runs on WINBLOWS  and I need to find which is
the offending file that has somehow been set into the future.  I know
when this occurred.  I even know that the date is next October.  I just
need to know how to circumvent this problem or find the file.

HELP.

Bob

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.
You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los
Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly
the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat." - Einstein