[hpsdr] Parallel port replacement - help needed

Sami Aintila oh2bfo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 09:51:11 PDT 2006

> It will just take a good understanding of the sequence needed to
> get the data to/from the SDR-1000.

I hope I have the required understanding. At least the Flex USB
adapter seems to work! The firmware is only a couple of hundred of
lines of 8051 assembly code, but probably not very useful for your
project. Instead of people having to decipher my code (or the parallel
port code in PowerSDR), it would be better if someone wrote a short
document describing the I/O sequences. Maybe I can do that.

> > takes well over 10000 calls to PortTalk.dll to get those readings!

I checked this. It's "only" about 5000 operations!

73, Sami OH2BFO