[hpsdr] Question on Janus/OZY function integration

pvharman at arach.net.au pvharman at arach.net.au
Wed Aug 2 18:19:22 PDT 2006

Hi Ray,

The FPGA on the Janus board is in fact a CPLD (i.e. a small FPGA). It's real
purpose is to give us total flexibility in the future as to what pins we use
on the Altas bus to get data into and out of Janus. Since we have lots of
spare room in it I have used some to generate clocks and also phase lock the
clock to a 10MHz source. We could just as easily done all this in hte Ozy FPGA.

Your second drawing is how we developed the prototype using a Xylo FPGA board
so - yes - it will work.