[hpsdr] OZy Speed Test

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 13:21:23 PDT 2006

On 8/4/06, Philip Covington <p.covington at gmail.com> wrote:
> If anyone wants to try the transfer speed test you need to load
> fifo_test.rbf and run fifo_test.exe (both can be found in SVN).  The
> OZYV1FW08042006-1.hex file should not be used with JANUS yet because I
> set the FX2 clock speed back up to 48 MHz from 24 MHz.  If you do load
> this firmware revision you'll notice that the FPGA upload times are
> halved (as expected).
>
> 73 de Phil N8VB

Update:

With the new utility files and firmware in SVN (and on my website) you
can now change the CPU speed on the fly via a vendor request.
setCPU_12MHZ.bat, setCPU_24MHZ.bat, and setCPU_48MHZ.bat shows how to
use the set_CPUSpeed.exe utility.

You can now use OZYV1FW08042006-1.hex, but just remember to set the
CPU speed to the value you think you need.

73 de Phil N8VB