[hpsdr] MDS and relatet architectures

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 12:06:18 PDT 2006

Hi, all

IT GOES WITHOUTS SAYING that there needs to use a pre-selector. In my  case,
XK2100L, we use a binary coded two stage approach, with 5 db input loss, 5  dB
output loss, total 10dB loss, 1dB NF of the amp between the two tuned
circuits. They have 20dB attenuation in 10% offset, ie at 10 MHz center freq. 20  db
down at 11MHz. This filter is used in RX and in TX mode (at 10mW level). This
 avoids co-location problems...This system has a net NF of 6dB and an IP3 of
42  dBm

73 de Ulrich. N1UL

In a message dated 8/14/2006 1:08:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,