[hpsdr] Project Odyssey

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Wed Aug 16 05:33:12 PDT 2006

Robert McGwier wrote:

> In Homer's Odyssey,  our intrepid hero  Ulysses has an interesting
> journey in this early classic.

Ooops.  I forgot myself and Frank.  We are doing DSP/SDR on the
dsPIC33.  It has some limitations but we believe we can do useful
transceivers, and transponder/repeaters with it.  We are truly living in
interesing times.  WHY don't the young kids see how marvelous this stuff
is?  Hopefully AMSAT, HPSDR, and TAPR will help us recruit some great
new talent from all around the world to amateur radio and beyond.

> Odyssey is not on the main HPSDR banner yet,  but it has a few words and
> a page in the Wiki.  Expect that to be quite dynamic.  Our delivery
> schedule for SUITSAT-2 demands that we move quickly so expect action.
>
> Bob
> N4HY

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.
You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los
Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly
the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat." - Einstein