[hpsdr] Welcome Back. Hope you had a splendid time! Janus Beta Schematiucs and Preliminary PCB Files

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 15:38:28 PDT 2006

Lyle!

Thanks. Thought I'd use your schematics update to update the list on overall
projects progress.

Phil - VK6APH and Bill - KD5TFD report on Teamspeak every Saturday at 01:00
and have reported spectacular progress in testing Janus/Ozy. Phil has made
numerous contacts with the combination on the air coupled with the SDR-1000.
Alpha units are working as well or better than expected. I know that Phil -
N8VB is also working on providing software necessary to make it all work
together!

Last week in discussions with TAPR, it was decided by the projects leaders
and TAPR to do a Beta test of both Janus and Ozy before production, since
there have been changes. It makes good financial sense for TAPR to do this
since they will be producing these boards. Interest in getting these boards,
is now between 300 and 400 units each, which involves a considerable
financial investment. The boards must work! I don't know anything more on
the proposed beta and the new timeframe for production of these projects,
and am not a potential beta tester.

On the Pinocchio front.  (Buss Card Extender for Atlas Backplane designed by
Lyle - KK7P.)

I held off on kitting and sending the initial 167 boards, which is the
current interest on HAMSDR website. I'm currently talking with John - W9DDD
who is proprietor of the TAPR storefront and website to see how we want to
handle it. We may distribute from the TAPR store, as originally planned.
I'll have more information shortly. The extender card will be useful for
extending Janus, Ozy and future HPSDR project offerings for testing. The
interest(s) area on the Hamsdr website is still 'open' for an expression of
interest for this beautiful board designed by Lyle!

Thanks to a wonderful group(s)!
Eric - AA4SW