[hpsdr] [OT] MJPA soldering station $14

Dan Andersson dan.andersson at ieee.org
Sun Aug 27 02:13:40 PDT 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 01:57, Ken N9VV wrote:

> wow, prices sure hit bottom - might be a good
> buy for those doing SMT work:
>
> http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=15860+TL
> new tips are 1/32" for $1.95
>
> and they are selling 20awg 60/40 solder for $12.95
> http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=4457+TL
>
> de ken n9vv

Ken,

Just for once, we can buy something cheaper here in the UK.

I bought one of these from Maplin here and it's a Chink made station.

The only problem is the crap plastic isolation cables, which just have to be
replaced. Nothing complicated but have to be done.

I use mine to solder even the finest TQFP chips from AD...

Also, buy an extra bag of tips for it.

Cheers

Dan

--