[hpsdr] [OT] MJPA soldering station $14

Cecil Bayona kd5nwa at cox.net
Sat Aug 26 19:24:45 PDT 2006

Ken N9VV wrote:

> wow, prices sure hit bottom - might be a good
> buy for those doing SMT work:
>
> http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=15860+TL
> new tips are 1/32" for $1.95
>
> and they are selling 20awg 60/40 solder for $12.95
> http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=4457+TL
>
> de ken n9vv

If one is to purchase a soldering station at bargain prices, then make
sure you buy extra tips, in case they are not available later.

I use a Solomon soldering station, inexpensive but works well with lots
of available tips.  It uses a ceramic heater that goes from stone cold
to full temperature in less than 3 seconds. Unlike reduced power
versions it uses full power and a temperature controller to maintain tip
temperature at the working temperature.

< http://www.web-tronics.com/aueltecosost.html >

--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"	Don Seglio Batuna