[hpsdr] ISD - more work needed

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Sun Aug 27 04:33:28 PDT 2006

The short answer for these experiments is that he is not measuring noise
floor of the sound card.  He is injecting a known signal and is
calibrating the system.  This function is provided for in the PowerSDR
software he is using.   Ahti then uses the power calibrated meter to
read off MDS in the no signal condition.

Bob

Johan Maas wrote:

> Athi,
>
> Can you tell me (and the others in the list) how you are measuring
> the noise floor?
>
> Is there a program to determine the noise floor of a sound card?
>
> 73 Johan PAGSB

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.
You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los
Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly
the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat." - Einstein