[hpsdr] PCB layout software that won't break the bank.

KD5NWA kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 9 09:23:12 PST 2006

For those that make their own PCB's or send them out there is a free PCB
layout program available called "FreePCB", some of you might be familiar
but some might not be. It will not limit you to a small board size or
only one PCB house and,  the prize is right.  It's a Window's program, I
loaded it in Linux under Wine and it runs but has some display issues,
but source is provided in case you feel adventuresome.

Stats;

8 Layers
60"X60" (slightly bigger than a SoftRock)
Generates Gerber and Excellon files
Copper pouring capability
Wizard to create custom pad patterns
Imports and exports netlist.
Design rule checker
FREE!
Source is available, in case you want to make changes.

<  URL:http://www.freepcb.com/  >

Disclaimer:

I only played with it a little bit, so you need to see if it meets your
needs.
--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"	Don Seglio Batuna