[hpsdr] Atlas Power Supply

Christopher T. Day CTDay at LBL.Gov
Mon Dec 4 12:35:34 PST 2006

Since Atlas is spec'd to use an ATX supply, the ATX standards apply. But
nothing about the Atlas bus itself will break if some of those timings
are violated. That would complicate life for card designers if they
didn't have some spec to count on, though.

The Janus card is a very high quality stereo ADC for the receive I/Q
channels, a stereo output channel for headphones or powered speakers
(This is the receive chain) and a standard stereo ADC for the transmit
I/Q microphone with an I/Q PWM output stage for I/Q to a quadrature
exciter (the transmit chain). This is the necessary analog and digital
functionality for a sound card. As a bonus, the sampling clock can be
phase locked to an external reference.

The Ozy card is a generic USB interface to various I/O ports - serial,
parallel, etc. - and to the Atlas bus itself, along with considerable
processing power in its FPGA. At the moment, it acts as the computer
interface to the sound card functions of the Janus card, but it will be
extended to work with additional Atlas cards as they are developed.
Future cards include various RF receiver front ends, transmitters,
stabilized reference oscillators, DSP processors, etc. There will
eventually be more than enough to make various excellent receivers,
transmitters, transceivers, lab equipment, etc.

	Chris - AE6VK

P.S. - Gerald already has a radio product, so all he needs is the sound
card part. HPSDR is not part of Flex-Radio.