[hpsdr] PS3 support in Linux 2.6 - Cool!

Eric Blossom eb at comsec.com
Thu Dec 7 14:02:51 PST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:30:43AM -0500, Philip Covington wrote:

> > All the specs I've read indicater 4 USB 2.0 ports in the
> > front and 2 more in the rear of the PS3.
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Lyle KK7P
> >

> Some more interesting PS3/Linux info at:
>
> <http://felter.org/wesley/files/ps3/linux-20061110-docs/LinuxKernelOverview.html>
>
> 73 de Phil N8VB

Interesting.  Particularly the part about the hypervisor and the so
called "security reasons" for disabling some of the ATAPI features.
Taking a not-so-wild shot in the dark, I assume that this is about
building seriously hostile DRM.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-cellsecurity

I wonder if the source for the hypervisor will be GPL'd?

The question as always, is who holds the root keys?
Can I zeroize the h/w security and reload self-generated keying material?
Can I build a system on top of this that protects _my_ interests?

I suspect the answers are in the manuals somewhere.  I haven't gotten
to that part yet.  Still working on how to take advantage of 200 GFLOPs ;)

73, Eric K7GNU