[hpsdr] [Flexradio] PS3 support in Linux 2.6 - Cool!

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 14:19:09 PST 2006

Eric Blossom wrote:

>>> All the specs I've read indicater 4 USB 2.0 ports in the
>>> front and 2 more in the rear of the PS3.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>>
>>> Lyle KK7P
>>>

>> Some more interesting PS3/Linux info at:
>>
>> <http://felter.org/wesley/files/ps3/linux-20061110-docs/LinuxKernelOverview.html>
>>
>> 73 de Phil N8VB
>>

> Interesting.  Particularly the part about the hypervisor and the so
> called "security reasons" for disabling some of the ATAPI features.
> Taking a not-so-wild shot in the dark, I assume that this is about
> building seriously hostile DRM.
>
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-cellsecurity
>
> I wonder if the source for the hypervisor will be GPL'd?
>
> The question as always, is who holds the root keys?
> Can I zeroize the h/w security and reload self-generated keying material?
> Can I build a system on top of this that protects _my_ interests?
>
> I suspect the answers are in the manuals somewhere.  I haven't gotten
> to that part yet.  Still working on how to take advantage of 200 GFLOPs ;)

200 GFLOPS on  << ONE>>  of the 8 SPE.   As always,  our needs will
advance to meet the available resources.

> 73, Eric K7GNU

I just hate how  fair use has been changed in the U.S.   Grrr.  Don't
get me started.

"If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the
corridor in the other direction. " - Dietrich Bonhoffer