[hpsdr] PS3 support in Linux 2.6 - Cool!

Eric Blossom eb at comsec.com
Thu Dec 7 17:06:26 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 09:58:23AM +0900, Murray Lang wrote:

> What about development tools? I've been looking for information on the web
> but don't have a clear picture yet. Sony has released tools, but to who and
> for how much? Does YDL come with the GCC tool set? What's debugging like?
> Any DSP libraries?

You can download everything, including a full machine cycle-accurate
simulator here:

  http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/cellsw

All you need to download is the iso.  It'll cross compile from X86, X86-64 or PPC64.
I've got it running on my Opteron under SuSE 10.1

gdb is available and can debug both the PPE and SPE's

Eric