[hpsdr] Is this any good for a QSD ?

Dan Andersson dan.andersson at ieee.org
Fri Dec 8 09:15:33 PST 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 14:48, Alberto I2PHD wrote:

Alberto,

The datasheet writes about a "typical switch time" of 20nS.

If you have in your junk box, by all means - use it but! Don't break your neck
and replace the currently used switched with the SA one as it's "just another
switch" and not really an improvement.

If you want a fast one, use the suggested FSAV332 chip from fairchild. It
looks that it's as good as it gets ( currently! ) but as someone wrote
earlier - "In AD we trust!" If there are anyone on the mil market with the
need for faster switches, I'm sure AD will create one to fill that market
segment.

Another solution is of course if anyone of us all that might work for the
little green men or - even for a telco with a R&D budget left, starts
designing a really fast gidgy gadget that includes this kind of QSD... One
can also hope the "plumbing department" comes up with a really neat chip as
well...

//Dan

--
Dan Andersson, M0DFI