[hpsdr] Cyclone II with Nios core for SDR

Sattler, Jay jay.sattler at eds.com
Mon Dec 11 05:20:27 PST 2006

Hi Murray-
I can tell you you would not be wasting your time just based on the new
knowledge you would have gained in the endeavor!  However, I'm not
familiar with DttSP, so I'm not sure what it would take to get it
operational.  My experience is mainly with the Xilinx cores and I've
even written a couple of FPGA based OS's myself.  They bottle neck is
usually memory constraints.  A lot of the larger FPGA's now have memory
blocks and that will help some but it will just depend on the overall
size requirements of DttSP.  Also, you will need to investigate the code
to see is there is any type of interprocess communication etc, I'm not
sure NiOS has that type of functionality.  I'm sure some other folks
that know the pieces better will be able to shed more insight on your
project.