[hpsdr] Pinocchio Board Availability. Notes on Atlas Round 2

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sat Jul 22 09:39:23 PDT 2006

Folks

This is a preliminary announcement regarding Pinocchio Extender card
expertly designed for the Atlas buss by Lyle Johnson - KK7P.

There is currently interest in 141 additional Pinocchio cards in the
Projects section on Hamsdr website under the TAPR/HAMSDR project tab.

This week I ordered boards and parts, including buss wire for a total kit of
parts. This project will ONLY be offered as an entire kit. It will include
the board, the male and female DIN connectors and 5' of buss wire for test
points. The boards and parts are all RoHS compliant.

I will do the first 141 orders and shipments in the same manner I did the
round 1 Atlas, since that is the most efficient method to fill that quantity
of 'orders'. After the first 141 are shipped, TAPR will fill future orders.
This will allow John - W9DDD to focus on the upcoming Janus/Ozy projects
which are in discussion. The HPSDR group owes John a vote of gratitude for
doing the research, ordering, and shipping of Atlas parts kits and now Atlas
boards! He has done a splendid job single-handedly!

I do not have Pinocchio pricing at this time, till I get shipments, and
coordinate with TAPR. There will be 'split' pricing for TAPR members and
non-members. If you are into HPSDR it WILL pay to join this fine
organization, and it's trivial dues! Future project boards will be offered
entirely by TAPR, in the format they choose. Any accrual I realize will go
directly back into the HPSDR project either directly or through TAPR. (Hey!
I'm TAPR too, since I R a member).

My personal objective is as it has always been, to keep this brilliant
project GOING -> "To the Future of Radio". We have MANY on this list who are
doing the same. As a team we WILL be in the forefront of technology.

Notes on Atlas Round 2.

TAPR now has the Atlas board in stock! You can order Atlas boards and kit of
parts for Atlas from the TAPR website. I will be doing a 'direct mail' to
those who have expressed interest on HPSDR for Atlas round 2 and removing it
from the interests section on Hamsdr.

Have a wonderful weekend! (news at: errr whenever I have news)

Eric - AA4SW