[hpsdr] Logo consideration

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sat Jul 8 07:05:47 PDT 2006

In the US there are two forms of trademark.  You put the letters TM on the
logo and you're done.  This is kind of a warning to not use it.  And I'm
not sure how much legal protection results.  But the use of TM is
recognized.  I think this is also an interim measure if you've applied
for the registered trade mark.

TAPR uses the TM method and are a little sloppy about consistant use of
it.

Then there's the R in a circle.  For that you register and pay money to
the US Patent office.

How any of this works internationaly I can't comment.

Now someone with legal expertise in the matter please fill in the details
for us.

Sorry for not quoting previous comments, but for some reason my email
client refuses to quote html/xml from this reflector.

John, W9DDD