[hpsdr] CASMIR HF and HORTON HF Microdesigns v 4.1

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Tue Jul 11 11:49:41 PDT 2006

I am afraid I missed some installments of the HPSDR fascinating story.

> I/Q PWM data is received from OZY and is routed by the MAX II via low pass filters to the PI5V331 QSE.

I/Q PWM ? What is the purpose of having I and Q PWMed ? I am sure it has been discussed, but probably I missed it.

> HORTON HF DESIGN NARRATIVE:
>
> RF signals that have passed through the proper band filter come through the RF Input connector are amplified and sent to the PI5V331 QSD.
> The I/Q Output of the QSD passes through low pass filters to the AK5394A for DAC. The resultant data is sent to the MAX II which sends the data to the Host computer via OZY. The AK5394A is controlled by the MAX II. Control of the band filters is acomplished by the MAX II via the FIlter Control connector.

I was under the impression that the purpose of the JANUS card was that of being fed with the output of the QSD on the
HORTON card. Now I read that HORTON will have its own AK5394A ADC. What am I missing ?

Thanks

73  Alberto  I2PHD