[hpsdr] Code::Blocks and SDCC for OZY firmware

Dominic Hawken dominic at del.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 06:53:29 PDT 2006

Robert McGwier wrote:

> I played with Code::Blocks for an our last night.   I built a 4
> different button GUI in wxWidgets, and did a very quick OpenGL hack that
> rotated a cube from code I had gotten elsewhere.  It does appear to
> integrate nicely with SDCC and gcc.  I don't see a problem.   I am in
> the emacs environment neo-luddite crowd but for GUI development, it
> seems fine.  I didn't pay attention, does it do OSX?

I was thinking the same thing and about to give it a go myself - the
wiki says it can be done:

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_Code::Blocks_in_Mac_OS_X

Not sure if it's opening up a bit of a can of worms though... Let me
know if you get it working before me!

Best regards,

Dominic G6NQO

--

> Philip Covington wrote:
>
>>***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
>>
>>On 7/13/06, Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Code Blocks looks OK to me  -- he who writes the code tends to get a 51%
>>>vote on the tools to use!
>>>
>>>I'll admit to being partial to xemacs and a command line, but should be
>>>fine with Code Blocks.  Look like I've got some tools to get installed.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Bill (kd5tfd)
>>>

>>Hi Eric, Bill,
>>
>>I wasn't really worried too much about you guys since you can build
>>the stuff with the tools you are familiar with.  I actually had the
>>firmware built before I downloaded Code::Blocks with make and the
>>command line.
>>
>>I was more concerned with the curious and/or hobbyist who would like
>>to see how the firmware works or might want to take a stab at making a
>>change.  Since Code::Blocks knows a little about the SDCC compiler -
>>like automatically going out and finding it's path if installed - I
>>figured it might make it easier to get the command line switches right
>>for someone who is not familiar with SDCC (since they are stored as
>>part of the project).
>>
>>Code::Blocks doesn't impact the c code at all so you can continue to
>>use any tool you are familiar with.  It also spits out a makefile so
>>you don't need to compile the code from a Code::Blocks project.  I
>>personally prefer working from the command line most of the time for
>>quick changes...
>>
>>73 de Phil N8VB

Director
Deluxe Corporation Ltd