[hpsdr] GIBRALTAR Wiki Update

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sat Jul 15 16:30:41 PDT 2006

Hello Rick!

> I have updated the GIBRALTAR Wiki page, including a preliminary block
> diagram.  I encourage comments.

Since you asked...

1) Are the Synchronous Divider, Oscillator Steering and Quantization
Correction intended to be mostly subsumed into an FPGA?  IF so , the 1
PPS and 10 MHz drivers tot he ATLAS backplane can likely fit into the
same FPGA.

2) Would the GPS receiver be better tied to ATLAS for its communications
instead of, or in addition to, a local USB interface?

3) Based on the notes at the bottom of the page, I vote for the V-F
OCXO: less power consumption for the same approximate cost.

4) There have been some suggestions that one or two user-programmable
output frequencies be provided on Gibraltar, such as 20 MHz or 12.288
MHz.  Are you thinking of adding these, or not including them?

I'm anxious to test this!

73,

Lyle KK7P

Guess I'd better get on the stick with Sasquatch!