[hpsdr] Lurkers and volunteers: What in heaven's name happened to good old Proto!

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 16:05:15 PDT 2006

Richard!

I am directing this back to the Reflector, since it is a question of
interest to all. There is a definition for the three different form factors
for any project boards which 'sit on the buss'. They can be found in the
Atlas manual by Horst in English and German. I don't think there is an
'Australian ' translation yet! (smile)

http://www.needles.de/HPSDR/ATLAS_Docu_USLetterLowRes.pdf

Please see page 16 for very accurate and carefully reviewed form factors.

We have tried using Kicad and Phil Covington took a brief look at the source
code to try to correct initial deficiencies in several areas. It would be
wonderful if we could design something using this pretty nice open source
tool since it is still very much a hallmark of this list. However, in the
interest in keeping these boards coming, it is best to use ANY tool at a
project leaders disposal to getter' done!

Thanks
Eric!