[hpsdr] To kit or not to kit...............

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Sat Jul 22 09:05:13 PDT 2006

Hi Henry and the group,

Henry, I fully understand your point of view and it is very clear to me that there are
many people out there who have joined this group for the various reasons of partake in
this project. I did not mean to offend you in any way at all. Sorry, if my posting was
understood that way.

The reason why I posted under your topic was that it came in handy to just encourage
people a little bit more not to give up on SMD soldering just because they think they are
too old for this tiny stuff or not well-sighted enough to do it. I have found this
attitude with many hams if the word 'SMT' comes to their ears. Being familiar with
handling one foot long variable capacitors or five inch diameter coils SMT is definitely
another world but also manageable.

At the end nothing can beat the satisfaction one can take out of achieving a challenging
task. Whatever the poll result will be at the end I am with it. I just want to point into
a direction where a lot of people could get even more fun out of HPSDR.

73
Horst
DL6KBF