[hpsdr] Pick two: cheap ship-it-now quality

Ahti Aintila oh2rz.sdr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:37:41 PDT 2006

On 25/07/06, Eric Ellison <ecellison at comcast.net> wrote:

> I LOVE Ahti! He would buy a bum unit and hot wire it! Hey Ahti! When you
> 'jumpin in' as a project leader?
>
> All in HPSDR spirit and with some 'tongue in cheek'! We'll get there!

Thank you, Eric, for the nice words!

But: No! Thank you. Let the younger guys do the hard work. Since 1949
I have been smelling the melting tin and vaporized rosin (chlorothene
included). That is too much burden of the hardware history for
creating any innovative ideas in software defined radios.

Nevertheless, I want to reserve the right of expressing my opinions
and even criticizing some ideas.

After all, I trust in the expertise of Phil_C and Phil_H. If they say
that the boards are OK, there is only a very minimal risk for "yellow
wires". So -  lets go ahead and take the risk!

Ahti OH2RZ